Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

safari can not verify stags.bluekai.com certificate

I am getting this pop up contains "safari can not verify stags.bluekai.com certificate" several times for last 2 days. Why and how to fix it?

MacBook Air (13-inch Mid 2013), iOS 11.2.2

Posted on Feb 2, 2018 11:01 AM

10 replies

Feb 10, 2018 10:40 AM in response to krishnasharana

This is not a malware issue.

BlueKai is a service provider to sites like eBay.

This problem affects mainly macOS Mavericks 10.9.5 users.

Upgrading macOS to macOS High Sierra 10.13 will help.

8GB RAM installed will work.

macOS High Sierra technical specifications:

https://support.apple.com/kb/SP765?locale=en_US

For checking the compatibility of applications already installed on your Mac: https://roaringapps.com

Note: Newer versions Apple applications may work little bit different.

Some older peripherals may not work.

Backup your Mac before installing the upgrade.

Feb 2, 2018 7:39 PM in response to krishnasharana

What certificate authority is it based on?

There are some that the Mac and Safari simply does not trust, such as those based on certain Comodo Certificate Authorities that were involved in a certificate scandal.

For example, I cannot make a secure connection to my insurance company site using Safari, because they insist on basing their web site on a cheap Comodo certificate instead of using a more reputable Certificate Authority.

--------

If you are using version of MacOS that is too old (Older than 10.9 is the cutoff, if I recall correctly) The Browser and related encryption technology is simply too old to support the latest encryption techniques, and you will not be able to make modern secure connections. a problem was discovered in Secure Socket Layer (SSL) in 2015 that has made older versions obsolete, and it is really kicking in about now.

--------

if your Date&Time is off by more than five minutes, you cannot make a secure connection to anything.

Feb 12, 2018 6:37 AM in response to krishnasharana

This is actually not a malware or adware issue. This problem is, unfortunately, normal with Mac OS X 10.9.

Recently, 10.9 systems began to have problems verifying certificates for certain sites. The bluekai.com sites, as well as the Oracle site (who owns bluekai.com), are among the affected sites.

I am not clear at this point what the cause of the problem is, but I have been able to confirm this behavior on a freshly-installed, clean 10.9 system.

Unfortunately, there are only two options available to you. One is to upgrade or downgrade your system. Mac OS X 10.10 and higher do not suffer from this problem, and strangely, for whatever reason, Mac OS X 10.8 is also not affected.

The other option is to stop using Safari and switch to Chrome or Firefox.

safari can not verify stags.bluekai.com certificate

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.