Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 11.2.5 and CarPlay problems in BMW

After upgrading to iOS 11.2.5 some functions in BMW CarPlay stoped to work properly

- It is not possible to transfer a destination from Apple Maps to BMW Proffesional Nav

- ConnectedDrive cannot connect to vehicle while CarPlay is connected

An iPhone with iOS 11.2.2 is working properly!!!

Posted on Feb 6, 2018 2:45 AM

Similar questions

28 replies

Feb 6, 2018 8:12 PM in response to JosepEjRa

Hi JosepEjRa,

Thank you for contacting Apple Support Communities. Based on what you stated, it seems like you are having trouble with CarPlay after you updated your iPhone. I would recommend you read this article and use it to help troubleshoot the issue. ​

1. Go to Settings > Bluetooth, and turn off Bluetooth. Wait for 5 seconds, then turn Bluetooth back on.
  2. Restart your iOS device.
  3. On your iOS device, unpair your car stereo. On your car's display, unpair your iOS device and any other devices. Restart your car and your iOS device, then pair and connect again.
  4. Update your iOS device.
  5. Install any firmware updates for your car stereo.
  6. If you still can't connect, contact Apple Support.

Get help connecting your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with your car stereo

Cheers.

Feb 21, 2018 7:24 AM in response to 4thSpace

Dear all,

Yesterday, I updated to iOS 11.2.6 and I have confirmed that the issues I had with Carplay in my BMW have been fixed.

Now I am able to transfer a destination from Apple Maps to BMW Proffesional Nav, and ConnectedDrive is connected to vehicle while CarPlay is connected too.

Communication skills are not the main Apple strength, but they have been fixed the issue in one month or less...

Thank you!!!

Feb 16, 2018 12:29 AM in response to 4thSpace

Can i add to the comments from 4thSpace, I’ve also lost all the memory settings in the car, pre-sets for radio, EQ settings, key memory settings, nav everything. I even tried one of my children’s older iphone's and it still does not offer Carplay, only basic Bluetooth.

My car is booked in to BMW on Tuesday 20th to have all the software re installed / reinstated(hopefully)

I’ll keep you all posted

Feb 16, 2018 5:42 AM in response to JosepEjRa

I'm a Honda owner, and we are having the same issues... as are Ford, Chevy, Mercedes, and several other brands of vehicles. Apple's response hasn't even been cryptic, which would be a better response than the entry level tech support copy and paste of, "How to hook up to Blue Tooth.." response that they put in these forums. It definitely has a 10 year Apple customer beginning to reconsider Android devices as the solution to this issue. Hopefully, they will soon either make a working update available, or at least fess up and tell us here that, yes, they are working on it.

Feb 23, 2018 12:50 AM in response to JosepEjRa

Good morning All,

After suffering the same issues as most people, I’m a 2017 BMW 5series driver and i upgraded to 11.2.5 and apple car play disappeared as well as all the memory function in the car (pre-set radio, audio bass treble, nav, car settings etc - all the iConnect settings), even tried another phone that was not upgraded.

After speaking with BMW, booked my car in for checks. I was informed the 'head unit - control centre' had lots of faults in it, maybe coincidence however the car was only a few months old, i done the iphone upgrade and it all failed.

The end result was it was easier to replace the head unit - control unit, than fix all the faults, a new head unit – control unit was ordered and the software all reinstalled.

I also upgraded the phone to 11.2.6, glad to report everything is working again.

Personally i say the software needs to be reinstalled for the head unit - control unit, or faults cleared and rebooted.

Feb 26, 2018 6:31 AM in response to JosepEjRa

Afternoon All,

My issues started similar to: CarPlay works but freezes and slows down and when using phone feature the calls go out and reconnect again

I lost all my memory functions, then the main functions of the telephone were standard BMW, the nav had issues as well.

I would suggest going to BMW dealership to have the issue checked by them.

iOS 11.2.5 and CarPlay problems in BMW

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.