Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

SMS messages not syncing to Messages on Mac

Text messages from iPhones sync fine with Messages on my Mac. However, for the last month or two, while I am receiving "non-Apple" texts on my iPhone, those messages are not syncing to Messages on my laptop. Running iOS 11.2.5 and macOS Sierra (10.12.6).

I (think) I've tried everything I can find on these forums and elsewhere online (signing in and out; restarting; checking iCloud accounts, etc.). Not sure what to try next.

MacBook Pro, macOS Sierra (10.12.6)

Posted on Feb 9, 2018 12:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 9, 2018 2:41 PM

Have you tried/verified the steps described in the SMS/MMS section of Use Continuity to connect your Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Apple Watch - Apple Support

Similar questions

5 replies

Feb 11, 2018 1:32 PM in response to bradfromroch

You may already be aware, but just in case: iMessages don't use Continuity. Unlike SMS/MMS messages, they can be received directly on a Mac without "syncing" via Continuity. I'm not sure what the problem with the SMS/MMS messages is if you have checked everything in the previous link, but thought this might help you focus on the fact that iMessages working doesn't indicate anything regarding the other issue.

SMS messages not syncing to Messages on Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.