Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apparent payment issue with a previous purchase

I can’t download apps due to an issue with a previous purchase. It tells me to update my payment information then when I do it says my Payment was declined ( despite money being in acct) this has happened several times over the past few months and everytime it does my act gets $1 deducted, it’s not a huge amount however it adds up over 12 mths ( it’s taken 3x $1 lots today ) and if this is happening to more than just me imagine the $$$$ Apple is making. Anyone have any suggestions on how I can fix this issue

Posted on Feb 9, 2018 9:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 9, 2018 9:11 PM

The $1 you see on your account is a debit hold, and it should fall off after a day or two. You bank account or credit card should not be debited at all. Are you certain that there is an actual charge against your account?

Cheers,

GB

3 replies

Apparent payment issue with a previous purchase

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.