Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to restore from backup from ios 11 beta to public version

how to restore from backup from ios 11 beta to public version?

Posted on Feb 11, 2018 11:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 12, 2018 8:05 AM

The following is from Apple Beta Software Program

How do I restore a prior shipping release of iOS, macOS, or tvOS?

Always back up your iOS device or Mac before installing the public beta. Since Apple TV purchases and data are stored in the cloud, there's no need to back up your Apple TV. To use a previously-released version of macOS or iOS, you can restore your device from the backup that you created before installing the public beta.

Learn more about restoring your iOS and macOS devices

For the detailed instructions, click iOS in the MacOS - iOS button near the top of Restore Shipping Software

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 12, 2018 8:05 AM in response to barkathrosy

The following is from Apple Beta Software Program

How do I restore a prior shipping release of iOS, macOS, or tvOS?

Always back up your iOS device or Mac before installing the public beta. Since Apple TV purchases and data are stored in the cloud, there's no need to back up your Apple TV. To use a previously-released version of macOS or iOS, you can restore your device from the backup that you created before installing the public beta.

Learn more about restoring your iOS and macOS devices

For the detailed instructions, click iOS in the MacOS - iOS button near the top of Restore Shipping Software

Feb 12, 2018 8:08 AM in response to barkathrosy

You can only restore a Beta made backup to a public iOS version that is higher than the Beta. i.e the public reelase version of the Beta you were using or a subsequent version.

You cannot restore a Beta made backup to an older iOS version. Which is why it is always important to have a backup made before installing the Beta as mentioned in Apple's Beta Faq presented to you when enrolling in the Beta program officially.

how to restore from backup from ios 11 beta to public version

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.