Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

*!(POSSIBLE FIX)!* Itunes Windows 10 Flickering Login/Password Screen

HP Pavillion 17 Notebook w/Beats

AMD A8-6410 with AMD Radeon R5 2 GHz Processor

6GB RAM

x64 Windows 10 Home (ver. 1709) (Build: 16299.214)

i-tunes 12.7.3

Each time I tried opening itunes, I would get a window overlapping the main itunes window asking me to login. After putting in password, the window would re-load, then flicker continuously and become unresponsive. Had to utilize task-manager to close. Uninstalled ALL apple programs, tried restarting pc, tried checking microsoft via windows update, tried troubleshooting graphics card, and nothing. Tried disconnecting from internet, but then i realized that defeated the whole point of what I wanted to do. Not sure what fixed it, but just got back on for the first time in a couple of days after the following:

First, I figured out that I had my graphics card in demo mode for videos after messing with newly-downloaded software, though I've seen others post about, "re-password flickering," who had different brands.

Second, I updated Adobe Flash player for my Chrome (default) internet browser.

Third, I went into Control Panel, under Uninstall Software, right clicked on Apple Update, and clicked on "Repair". I repeated this process for Itunes as well.

Third, I held down shift and control when clicking on Itunes icon in the start menu, and, to my surprise, Itunes worked. (I remember reading somewhere that this may start an .exe in Safe mode, but don't know if it actually did anything... lol)

I'm guessing it was the update from Adobe along with the repair, but who knows? Anyhow, I'll update this if it occurs again.

iPod classic, Windows 10

Posted on Feb 12, 2018 6:28 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

*!(POSSIBLE FIX)!* Itunes Windows 10 Flickering Login/Password Screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.