Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Importing .wav file into Final Cut Pro X?

I'm able to import a .wav file into Final Cut Pro X 10.4, but when I try to move the clip to the timeline I get this message: "The video properties of this clip are not recognized..."

Next, Final Cut Pro X gives me several options for importing the clip, but as a video, which means it's clearly not recognizing the file format. How do I fix this?

Also, I typically record my audio using a Zoom H1 with 48k/16 bit .wav files. I was told this is the best audio format to use. Should I be using a different file format with Final Cut Pro X? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Posted on Feb 12, 2018 8:38 PM

3 replies

Feb 13, 2018 3:01 AM in response to Kelly Crossley

Kelly Crossley wrote:

Problem solved. This happens when you try to place an audio file in the timeframe without a video file present.

When you make a project, the default is "Automatic", which means that the project frame size and rate will be determined by the first clip you drop in. You can either add a video first (since audio obviously does not have a frame size or frame rate), or you can create your project and select its properties by choosing "Use Custom Settings" and defining those properties.

Importing .wav file into Final Cut Pro X?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.