Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple carplay NOT working in my new Mercedes GLC 300

I just bought a new mercedes and was excited about the apple carplay until it stopped working and is very upsetting. I chose this option over the traditional navigation because I used my phone map over nav in my last car. I cannot get carplay to show up at all anymore.

I am planning to take it to the dealer to have it looked at but it is not super convenient and I am worried it will keep happening...

I would love any help anyone has!

Thanks

Posted on Feb 20, 2018 8:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 17, 2018 7:49 AM

Ok, I found a solid workaround. A sales guy at the dealership where I bought my car helped. From the home screen in your car (the * button to the top right of the knob), go all the way to the right to click on the ‘+ Add’ button. Click on ‘Tel’, scroll to ‘Apple CarPlay’ and click on it. This adds a CarPlay icon to the menu. Clicking on it with your phone plugged in and connected to your car through Bluetooth gets CarPlay working again. When I start my car I have to manually click to ‘Confirm to Start Apple CarPlay’, but it’s better than it not working at all. Hope this helps!!!

44 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 17, 2018 7:49 AM in response to Jemison5

Ok, I found a solid workaround. A sales guy at the dealership where I bought my car helped. From the home screen in your car (the * button to the top right of the knob), go all the way to the right to click on the ‘+ Add’ button. Click on ‘Tel’, scroll to ‘Apple CarPlay’ and click on it. This adds a CarPlay icon to the menu. Clicking on it with your phone plugged in and connected to your car through Bluetooth gets CarPlay working again. When I start my car I have to manually click to ‘Confirm to Start Apple CarPlay’, but it’s better than it not working at all. Hope this helps!!!

Jul 21, 2018 11:44 AM in response to Jemison5

The problem is Apple’s recent IOS update. Same exact issue on Mercedes GLA 250, two different iPhones (7 Plus & 6s) after IOS 11.4.1 updates. Carplay worked fine with both phone in this car before we updated IOS two days ago. Took car & phones to Mercedes dealer this morning. Plugged in his non-updated iPhone. Carplay came right up. Unfortunately, I don’t have a solution other than waiting for Apple to fix IOS or going back to the previous IOS version. Anyone?

May 17, 2018 8:06 AM in response to russellfrompalm desert

Apr 3, 2018 2:08 PM in response to Iaekster

on my 2108 MB GLC 3000 I found the real problem was my understanding the MB Command controls (knob, rotation, etc).

Once I got to the CarPlay icon and clicked on it, came up fine. My iPhone 6+ is connected to the USB port indicated with a iPhone symbol. Don't know if this helps. If all else fails, call Mecedes. My problem was not Apple.

May 3, 2018 6:42 AM in response to Jemison5

I am having the same problem with my 2018 Honda Accord. Apply Carplay was a very nice feature, until it stopped working. I blamed Honda at first, but since vehicles made by other companies are exhibiting the same symptoms, it has to be the Apple product to blame. Would it be possible to revert to a previous OS on the iPhone to correct the problem until Apple addresses it with a new version, and if so, which one?

May 17, 2018 7:09 AM in response to LeeB-N

Select System Updates from the display audio home screen. The display from that screen will indicate if there is an update available. Also, if there is a little red notification icon next to your clock on the main screen, that is an indicator that an update is available for your CarPlay software. Touch that icon and you will be guided through the process.

Jun 15, 2018 8:16 AM in response to Jemison5

I have a similar problem with my 2018 Audi Q7. I can connect CarPlay, but the connection is intermittent. I can be in the middle of a trip, listening to Podcasts (my preference) or using Maps for navigation, stop for gas and not be able to re-connect when I get back on the road. Had the same problem with the 2017 Q7. I have complained to Audi but am not sure that the problem is not one of Apple's making. Regardless of fault, the number of people and makes of cars affected indicate that a fix is desperately needed.

On occasion, I can get CarPlay to connect if I reboot my iPhoneX, or unplug/then plug in the lightning cable, but not always. I don't know if this helps, but I wanted to add my concern to the chorus. Best of luck.

apple carplay NOT working in my new Mercedes GLC 300

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.