Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

phone doesn't lock screen while on a call

After upgrading to ios 11.2.6, my sleep/wake button won't lock the screen if I'm on a phone call. After pressing the sleep/wake button, I see the lock screen, but any movement of the phone then takes me back to the Phone screen -- that is, doesn't seem to be a way to lock my screen when I'm on a phone call. Any ideas?

Phone: 6s, ios 11.2.6

iphone, Windows XP Pro

Posted on Feb 21, 2018 1:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 5, 2018 6:22 PM

I have had this EXACT same issue since my update and it is extremely annoying. I would prefer my phone stay on the lock screen as before the update, while using headphones, because while on calls I have accidentally hung up on people or called FaceTime while on an active call. Basically pushing buttons on the call screen simply while holding the phone, like if I'm out running errands or something, expecting the phone to be on the lock screen. I should not have to turn the "Raise to Wake" feature off because I use this feature often and didn't have this issue before this update.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 5, 2018 6:22 PM in response to phoodes

I have had this EXACT same issue since my update and it is extremely annoying. I would prefer my phone stay on the lock screen as before the update, while using headphones, because while on calls I have accidentally hung up on people or called FaceTime while on an active call. Basically pushing buttons on the call screen simply while holding the phone, like if I'm out running errands or something, expecting the phone to be on the lock screen. I should not have to turn the "Raise to Wake" feature off because I use this feature often and didn't have this issue before this update.

Feb 21, 2018 4:14 PM in response to IdrisSeabright

Thanks - I'll try that. And its happening when I'm on headphones - haven't checked on speaker phone. And yeah, I hate it that when I move the phone now it unlocks! I want to talk on the phone (headphones) but walk with the phone, or put my phone into my bag and walk -- all without having to worry about it hanging up on me cause it bumped something. This used to work just fine - hoping your suggestion fixes!!!!

Feb 21, 2018 4:08 PM in response to phoodes

Yeah, you really can't lock your iPhone 'phone' screen out while you're calling someone. The little 'lock' symbol should still show at the top of the screen if you press the sleep/wake button though showing you that your iPhone has locked for all other features. Apple just doesn't want you to accidentally press that button and not be able to get back to your phone call.

phone doesn't lock screen while on a call

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.