Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to stop sync with iphone over the air (OTA) from iCloud?

How to stop sync with iPhone over the air (OTA) from iCloud?

My contacts and my Calendar used to sync using iTunes with no issues. Recently "About 4-5 weeks ago" they stopped syncing completely. When I tried to investigate, I found under: iTunes->Device/iPhone-> Info (Sync Contacts & Sync Calendars) I find the same message that says:

Your contacts are being synched with your iPhone over the air from iCloud.

Over-the-air sync settings can be changed on your iPhone.

When I tried to find that on my iPhone S6 PLUS, I can't locate anything related to this.

Please help me resolve this issue, as I have been trying for the last 3 weeks with no luck at all.

Thank you

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 10.3.3

Posted on Feb 22, 2018 2:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 22, 2018 2:18 PM

Launch Settings. Tap your name at the top, then iCloud. The sync switches are all there. If you really have 10.3.3 they are in Settings/iCloud.

4 replies

Feb 22, 2018 2:40 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

Thank you Lawrence for the prompt response,..

I can see switches related to contacts, calendar and others. I turned them off all. Then, I checked the Sync contact & Calendar on iTunes.

I powered off my device and exited iTunes. Then, I powered up the device, and went to the same menu/place to verify that all is turned off.

I connected the device to my laptop. iTunes started the backup followed by syncing, but the calendar & contacts are still not getting updated.

Feb 22, 2018 2:46 PM in response to maladwan

You need to change the sync settings in iTunes after you turn them off. Also, if you have a Mac, you need to turn them off in System/Preferences - iCloud, or iCloud for Windows if you have it installed.

In iTunes connect the phone, tap on its icon in the top bar. Then the Info tab in the left menu. you need to change the sync settings here.

But I'll ask, why don't you just sync them through iCloud? It's real time, doesn't require a sync step.

Feb 22, 2018 7:02 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

Yes,.. I changed the settings on the iTunes and now it's working.

I can see what's on my laptop's outlook on my iPhone (That's the most important),.. but not the ones on my iPhone on my laptop (Less important but good to have).

As for "sync .. through iCloud" it didn't work for me and that's why I wanted to remove it.

Thank you again for being a great help.

How to stop sync with iphone over the air (OTA) from iCloud?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.