Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t airdrop from my MacBook 12” to my I phone 6s. But it works the other way around.

I can airdrop from my 6s to my Mac but not the other way around. The device simply doesn’t appear on my Mac and it’s set to “everyone” on both devices. Both of the devices work well with airdrop except for that one scenario from Mac to 6s. It’s the same thing with my moms I phone 6s. So I’m wondering if it’s a 6s to MacBook problem? How do I fix it?

Posted on Feb 22, 2018 2:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 22, 2018 2:49 PM

You have not told us about your Mac. See "AirDrop System Requirements" here:

Use AirDrop to send content from your Mac - Apple Support

Your Mac needs to be a 2012 model or later, running OS X Yosemite or later.

6 replies

Feb 23, 2018 5:10 PM in response to maya274

I just tried this using my early 2016 Retina MacBook 12" and my iPhone 5s. I sent a photo over from the 5s to the MacBook and then sent one from the MacBook to the 5s. Worked like a charm.

The iPhone 5s is running iOS 11.2.6 and the MacBook is running macOS High Sierra 10.13.3.

I'm bewildered by why you can't move files in both directions.

Feb 28, 2018 4:15 PM in response to maya274

Hi maya274! Thanks for letting us know which Mac and operating system you're running. You have the same MacBook generation as I have. AirDrop should work both ways.

By any chance have you restarted your iPhone? That's usually a good first step.

Also, double check that your bluetooth is enabled on both devices. Might want to toggle bluetooth off and on, on both devices.

Is your version of El Capitan fully updated, or are there any minor releases pending for your copy of El Capitan?

Sorry for the various suggestions and additional questions. I hope we can get to the solution and I encourage sberman and others to jump in and offer further guidance as well.

Can’t airdrop from my MacBook 12” to my I phone 6s. But it works the other way around.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.