Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple, iTunes, Movies Anywhere, and personal data privacy

After reading the Movies Anywhere "privacy policy" (a term I'd use VERY loosely), I am deeply concerned about what kind of personal account data Apple would share with Movies Anywhere, especially since there are few if any restrictions on what Movies Anywhere can do with that data. Does anyone know exactly what Apple does/does not and can/cannot share with Movies Anywhere once a user syncs it with their iTunes?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.1)

Posted on Feb 25, 2018 5:07 PM

1 reply

Feb 27, 2018 11:34 AM in response to seansdl

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities seansdl,

I see that you have a question about the data that would be shared with Movies Anywhere. I can certainly understand your concern, and I'd be happy to provide some information to help.

The following article talks about connecting your Apple ID to your Movies Anywhere account. By doing this you share your purchased content with Movies Anywhere and you have to allow consent to do so. The consent that you give also expires after 2 years and you would have to give consent again if you chose to do that. This would be the account data that is being shared.

Connect your Apple ID to your Movies Anywhere account
Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.
Have a great day!

Apple, iTunes, Movies Anywhere, and personal data privacy

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.