Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

preview 10.0 pdf thumbnail view issues

I'm having an issue selecting a page from a multiple page pdf doc in "Preview 10.0."

When I try to select a page that I want to move to a second PDF file in "Preview," let's just say for argument sake, page 3 of 10, the curser will jump on it's own to page 4, making it impossible to select page 3. It happened when I tried to select page 1 too.

I've tried a couple of work arounds such as dragging the affected page from the thumbnail view to the desktop as a single page, then in turn drag it to the other open pdf. That works, but it's a real headache dealing with multiple page PDFs.

It's been driving me crazy as I use "Preview" heavily.

I'm using High Sierra and the issue started recently.

Is "Preview 10.0" the correct version that is part of High Sierra?

Any thought or ideas?

TIA

Mac Pro, macOS High Sierra (10.13), (5,1)

Posted on Feb 25, 2018 8:29 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

Feb 27, 2018 2:41 PM in response to Loco

Hello Loco,

Thanks for that info and choosing the Apple Support Communities. If I understand correctly, you are unable to selecting and moving a page from one PDF file to another in the Preview app on your Mac. Since you're using the current version of Preview, use safe mode to start up your Mac as it does the following things:

• Verifies your startup disk and attempts to repair directory issues, if needed
  • Loads only required kernel extensions
  • Prevents startup items and login items from opening automatically
  • Disables user-installed fonts
  • Deletes font caches, kernel cache, and other system cache files

Log into your user account and test the issue while in safe mode and then restart normally and test the issue again.

Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac
Limited graphics performance in OS X recovery or safe mode

Cheers!

preview 10.0 pdf thumbnail view issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.