Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Nvidia Geforce unistalled problem

I have a macbook pro retina 2013. I have been running boot camp fine playing games and other things in Windows no problem. I downloaded Nvidia Geforce GT 650M to help run games which it did very well. A day or so ago games began to stutter and freeze temporarily in a way they never had before. I though it might have been a bad update of the Geforce so my plan was to uninstall the program and than reinstall. it. I should also say that the screen of my Macbook is damaged so I am using a Sony TV with an HDMI connection. I used control panel on windows to uninstall Nvidia Geforce. When I restarted the computer as I was instructed I could no longer get any picture. I tried to reboot in wiundows safe mode to no success. By resetting the Pram or NRam using the keyboard command I was able to get to get the computer to boot into OS where the screen works fine. I looked at system profile and say that the Geforce is still listed as one of the GPUs so it obviously did not uninstall. I purchased Winclone. I made a backup image and and did clone and restore to see if it might work. But as I suspected it made an exact clone of what I was running so the problem remained. Any help would be appreciated.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, macOS Sierra (10.12.6)

Posted on Feb 25, 2018 10:00 PM

Similar questions

2 replies

Feb 26, 2018 9:44 AM in response to Loner T

I’m sorry I really don’t understand what you mean. My problem is the NVIDIA GeForce is still in my computer. In the Mac OS it is listed under system information. It must be corrupted and I need a way to delete it. I backed up windows partition with Winclone and my Mac with time machine and completely restored my hard drive and erased the windows partition. Now When tried to recreate the windows partition with BC assistant when it restarts to install windows I get no picture. I had to boot into recovery mode just to get back into OS. How can I delete the NVIDIA GeForce from my computer. It is still listed under hardware Graphics/Displays under system information utility.

Nvidia Geforce unistalled problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.