Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud not syncing, keeps signing me off from the web

Hi, over the weekend I have experienced these problems with iCloud. My documents are synchronising on the iPhone & iPad, but not on my iMac. I can upload new docs on iPhone or iPad and it will show on these two devices, but never on my iMac. If I want to check my account online, few seconds after I sign in, the browser signs me out automatically. There's nothing I can do on the web, but I tried the following on my iMac:

- Preferences > iCloud > uncheck iCloud Drive ... check back in

- Preferences > iCloud > sign out ... sign back in

- Zapped the Pram

- Library > Application Support > deleted "Cloud Docs" and killed processes "cloudd + bird"

...no results, iCloud is not syncing. I tried everything what I could find online with no luck. Spent the whole weekend on this. Does anyone have other suggestions please?

Thank you

iMac, OS X El Capitan (10.11)

Posted on Feb 26, 2018 2:06 AM

Similar questions

8 replies

Feb 28, 2018 12:37 AM in response to alessign

I also had problems with iCloud but slightly different:

• Night of 26th Feb - iPhone asking me to enter iCloud password but would not accept it - gave up.
  • Morning of 27th - entered iCloud password successfully and iPhone back to normal.
  • iMac - unaffected in any way.
  • MacBookPro. Would not accept my usual log in password. Asked for my iCloud password, then booted.
    • I later re-instated separate log-in and iCloud passwords. That has continued to work.
    • Several Cloud based services like OmniPresence were no longer working. I had to re-instate.
    • Mail not working - iCloud mail is working again but passwords are not accepted for any other accounts. My alternative mail app Spark is also not working. (Both Mail and Spark are working normally on my iMac and iPhone)
    • Safari extensions - GONE!
    • Keychain - GONE!
    • I am still finding other issues
  • Looks to me that something went horribly wrong with iCloud and these are the random consequences for end-users.
  • I spent a long time talking to Apple support yesterday. They solved my immediate issues, but at that stage I had not realised Mail, keychain and Safari extensions had problems. I will be back on the phone to Apple very soon.

Feb 28, 2018 2:05 AM in response to Poromies

Yes, definitely something wrong with iCloud service. My case was escalated to another level. We have ruled out all issues what could go wrong locally on the machine, so the only option left is iCloud.

Local testing

• Sign out from iCloud, wait few minutes and sign back in
  • Turn off iCloud, wait few minutes and turn it back on
  • Delete folder "CloudDocs" - Library/Application Support/CloudDocs and kill the processes "cloudd" + "bird"
  • Reset Pram
  • Boot in safe mode
  • Boot in recovery mode
  • Partition HD and do clean install of OS on the new partition > Boot from partition > Sign in to iCloud
  • Connect to different network

All with no results. The Apple senior technicians team now have the access to my account and hopefully they will be able to resolve this soon. If they will provide any feedback, I'll share here.

Fingers crossed with your case Poromies

Feb 28, 2018 3:19 AM in response to alessign

Hi alessign

Thanks for your fast feedback. Good luck with resolving your difficulties.

I was on the 'phone to Apple again now, but we just got cut off before my problem was resolved completely.

It seems the requests on Monday/Tuesday to enter my "lost" Apple ID password have scrambled various services by losing connection data - that's my simplistic paraphrasing. Essentially I am still without some mail accounts, but two have been successfully re-instated by the Apple advisor talking me through the necessary steps. Keychain and Safari extensions have not yet been recovered.

I have wasted the best part of a day trying to resolve the problems, so I am not a big fan of iCloud at this moment!

Feb 28, 2018 3:31 AM in response to Poromies

Poromies,

I totally understand and hold the same yellow card. I am not using email for iCloud and after reading your post I am glad I am doing so. There is a weird behaviour in my Mail App tho, which I have discovered. All my HTML signatures are gone. Mail App doesn't save any newly created signatures, so I can't recreate them...but it shouldn't do so since I am not using iCloud for emails. Anyway, it's been logged in bug report. Are you experiencing same issue with Mail app not saving signatures?

Let's hope Apple can resolve this issue with iCloud soon

😕

Feb 28, 2018 9:10 AM in response to alessign

I wrote my last response too soon. As part of my continuing effort to restore my MacBook to health, I rebooted it. When it restarted my mail signatures had gone, the two mail accounts that Apple support helped me fix this morning had failed again. All the files in my iCloud Drive are showing they need to download. Keychain and Safari extensions are still "missing in action".

I have no idea what has happened as I did not change anything. This started with a log in problem and has escalated to having an unuseable MacBook, with no solution from Apple Support.

This would be a joke if it was not so ****** frustrating and time-consuming. I have wasted my whole day on this without making any progress.

iCloud not syncing, keeps signing me off from the web

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.