Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Anyone else get the “congratulation” pop-ups in Safari?

While using Safari, I get the “congratulations” pop ups on any site that doesn’t have a padlock. No matter what. In settings, I have pop ups blocked and I have fraudulent site warning on. I have forced stopped Safari, deleted cookies, data and history. I even blocked all cookies just to see if it would work. I’ve done everything I can do from my phone...I even turned on private browsing and this ad/pop-up still pops up within 5 seconds on any site that doesn’t have a padlock next to its name. In this example, I was using dictionary.com and it popped up. Before that, I was on thesaurus.com. Is this normal for Safari? I have never had this problem in the past. Only recently. I have iPhone 7 and the latest iOS as of 2/26/18. And every time I update, the “congratulation” pop ups get worse....what is going on with this? I am super careful and I don’t click on ads or anything unusual looking. Last night, I became so frustrated with Safari that I disabled it in the restrictions setting and downloaded the Aloha browser with VPN. And I have had NO ISSUES. I even visited those two sites I mentioned above just to see if that pop up would come up and it didn’t. So I restarted my phone, turned Safari back on, went back to those websites (and a few more than don’t have a padlock) and every time, that pop-up came back. So it’s just a Safari thing I’m guessing? And now I am forced to say goodbye to Safari but has anyone else had this issue and should I be concerned? I am an amazon user and I would hate to think that they could access my info from Safari somehow if I accidentally click any button on this pop up....or worse, gain access to the data on my phone and get my bank info or something.

User uploaded file

Posted on Feb 26, 2018 8:12 AM

Similar questions

There are no replies.

Anyone else get the “congratulation” pop-ups in Safari?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.