Question: Failed to restore from Time Machine
I have a constant (4 times now) failure trying to perform a full system restore.
Source system: MacBook Pro 2013 running latest macOS High Sierra 10.13.3
Backup disk: Apple Time Capsule 3TB, latest firmware
Target system: MacBook Pro 2017
Initially had 2 years of backups on Time Capsule, restore did not work.
After that tried so many options:
- Time Capsule restarted
- Antivirus disabled and removed (McAfee)
- Time Capsule disk formatted and new fresh backup created (say goodbye to 2 years of backups)
- Run Verify Time Machine backup on a source system
Restore process is:
- Turn target system on with Cmd-R
- Select Restore from Time Capsule
- Connect to Wifi with password
- Connect to Time Capsule with password
- Select Backup Disk
- Select the latest backup
- Agree to format local disk
- Restore runs for ~6 hours restoring ~60GB
- And then it fails.
See files attached.
Was purchasing Time Capsule a waste of money?
What worse is that in Installer Log there is a button 'Send to Apple'.
When I click this button it asks my email and description of the problem.
But when I click to submit it fails 'Unable to submit Crash Reporter log in OS Install Environment!'
What a waste of time! I wrote whole a lot of details in problem description and all went to trash.