Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

photos broken

I'm using Sierra and Photos. When I open a photo, get information and try to add a new face the circle comes up but I am unable to move it to the face. Old circles on faces I don't want I am unable to close. What's up with this?

iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2017), macOS Sierra (10.12.6)

Posted on Feb 26, 2018 6:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 27, 2018 7:39 AM

When I open a photo, get information and try to add a new face the circle comes up but I am unable to move it to the face.

In that case try to restart the Mac. That will frequently help, if the faces circle is unresponsive. You cannot move the circle to the face, however, if you are viewing the photo zoomed in. First move the zoom slider all the way to the left, before you try to move the circle.

If Photos is still scanning for faces, wait, until the scan has finished, before you try to add additional faces.

Similar questions

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 27, 2018 7:39 AM in response to HenryL

When I open a photo, get information and try to add a new face the circle comes up but I am unable to move it to the face.

In that case try to restart the Mac. That will frequently help, if the faces circle is unresponsive. You cannot move the circle to the face, however, if you are viewing the photo zoomed in. First move the zoom slider all the way to the left, before you try to move the circle.

If Photos is still scanning for faces, wait, until the scan has finished, before you try to add additional faces.

Feb 27, 2018 8:41 AM in response to HenryL

I am still unable to delete existing circles.

This feature has been disabled with Photos 2.0 on macOS Sierra (10.12.6). And it is still no longer available in Photos 3.0 on High Sierra, gone for good. Automatically detected faces cannot be removed, only faces you added yourself. are you saying, that you even cannot delete faces you added manually?

photos broken

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.