Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone shrinks images on camera roll while cropping

Hi, Im a professional photographer; I need sometimes to edit on the go on my iphone 7 plus; I import jpgs images from my dsrl camera into the iphone with a cable, then edit them in Camera Roll and upload them to dropbox. My problem is, when I crop images, even by the slightest of margins, the images saved by the phone are compressed to a more powerful compression setting that I would like; so instead of having a file that normally would be 6 to 7 MB when slightly cropped in the powerbook, I get a file of lets say 1.5 MB when cropped on Camera Roll.

I don't want any other apps, or programs or e mailing the images to myself or sending to my computer etc,(no time!) I just need to be able to crop in Camera Roll using the highest compression setting as not to shrink the image more that it is necessary.

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 11.1.2

Posted on Feb 26, 2018 10:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 27, 2018 12:08 AM

I don't believe the functionality you are looking for is currently built-in to iOS, although I do see you indicated you're running iOS 11.1.2. I recommend updating to iOS 11.2.6 to make sure you're up to date with the latest security updates, bug fixes, and features.

If the functionality you're looking for is still not part of iOS 11.2.6, I recommend submitting feedback via apple.com/feedback so it gets directly to the team(s) responsible for updating the functionality.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 27, 2018 12:08 AM in response to arturofromsharjah

I don't believe the functionality you are looking for is currently built-in to iOS, although I do see you indicated you're running iOS 11.1.2. I recommend updating to iOS 11.2.6 to make sure you're up to date with the latest security updates, bug fixes, and features.

If the functionality you're looking for is still not part of iOS 11.2.6, I recommend submitting feedback via apple.com/feedback so it gets directly to the team(s) responsible for updating the functionality.

iphone shrinks images on camera roll while cropping

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.