Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos imported to Photos app do not show adjustments I made on iPhone

I just imported a lot of new photos from my iPhone to my Mac Photos app (using Image Capture utility and USB wired connection, El Captan) and am very disappointed to see that all my images are still showing in their original, unadjusted form in Photos. All the careful image adjustments I made on my iPhone, using mainly Camera+ app, are not showing when I view the images on Photos on the Mac. I saved the photos in jpeg form, not RAW, on my iPhone, and I do see all the adjustments as I expect when I view them on Google Photos in the cloud. Is there a way to restore the adjustments in Photos? I do not see any option for this in the edit tab in Photos. Is there a way to import photos and retain the image adjustments made on the iPhone? I saw a note from apple support saying that imports to Photos are made only in original form, which seems amazingly crude. Would I get a better result if I tried importing using Photos app, and not Image Capture? (Unfortunately, Photos app has been very unreliable in detecting and then importing new photos when I connect my iPhone to the Mac.) Surely this must be a common need and expectation!

Posted on Oct 12, 2018 7:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 12, 2018 10:09 AM

Image Capture and Photos will import the contents of the camera roll (or "saved photos" on a device without camera). These are the original photos without any adjustments. Apple does not say why it is done this way, but the original photos are more valuable than the edited version, because they are having the original quality and less artifacts. Edits can be recreated, but the pristine original version of the photo not. If you want to transfer the edits as well, you would have to copy the edited photo and save the copy as a new photo to the camera roll.

The best way to get easily both, the edited version and the original, would be to sync your photos to your Mac using iCloud Photo Library.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 12, 2018 10:09 AM in response to Robert57

Image Capture and Photos will import the contents of the camera roll (or "saved photos" on a device without camera). These are the original photos without any adjustments. Apple does not say why it is done this way, but the original photos are more valuable than the edited version, because they are having the original quality and less artifacts. Edits can be recreated, but the pristine original version of the photo not. If you want to transfer the edits as well, you would have to copy the edited photo and save the copy as a new photo to the camera roll.

The best way to get easily both, the edited version and the original, would be to sync your photos to your Mac using iCloud Photo Library.

Photos imported to Photos app do not show adjustments I made on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.