Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6s stuck dead, on red charge icon

For starters, I have the same problem as this thread.

But here's my situation.

The few days, my iPhone 6s has only been charging to 95% or so overnight. Today (26th) it didn't want to charge all day, I would plug it in and immediately a message "This accessory may not be supported." Now the phone has died, and is stuck on the empty red battery logo.

I am using the cord and block that came with the phone.

I tried cleaning out the charging port, not much came out and nothing changed.

I tried booting into recovery mode and restoring with the latest iOS in iTunes, which it did, but right after restoring, it went back to the same dead battery sign.

I have tried multiple different charging methods, including, different cords, different blocks, USB 2.0/3.0, portable battery, everything I could think of.

My iPhone isn't too cold or too hot, its about 22ºC in my house.

Is this a charging port issue or a battery issue?

Your help is appreciated.

User uploaded file

iPhone 6s, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on Feb 26, 2018 11:09 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

Feb 28, 2018 8:56 AM in response to Lukas.Schroeder

Hi Lukas,

I understand that your iPhone stopped charging, and only showed that the accessory was unsupported. Now that you're trying to get it to turn on again, no chargers or cables are working to power your iPhone. I'm happy to provide some help for this issue.

Based on all of the things you've tried, I recommend that you contact Apple Support or visit the following site for service support:

iPhone Service Answer Center - Apple Support

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. Cheers!

iPhone 6s stuck dead, on red charge icon

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.