Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone charging issues (iPhone 6s)

I just bought a used iPhone 6s, I turned it on and it has the red battery icon on it. I thought to charge it so I got my official iPhone lighting cable and official charger brick.

So I plugged it in and I got the red icon with the white cable with a charge symbol next to it, after about 15 min I checked it and its still in that same thing, red icon.

Does anyone know what I should do? I cleaned the charging port out, with a wooden toothpick it was dirty, same issue. I thought the lighting port is fine because the phone displayed it charging when I looked at it again so I don't think that needs to be replaced is it the battery or the charging port or maybe something else.

Does anyone know the iPhones issues?

iPhone 6s

Posted on Oct 12, 2018 12:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 12, 2018 12:36 PM

It sounds like the battery needs to be replaced, but we can't diagnose your issue remotely.

Read this support guide, and follow all the steps provided:

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't charge - Apple Support

If the issue still persists, have you iphone checked at your most convenient Apple Store or Authorized Service Provider:

Apple - Find Locations - Location Selector

Regards

Giulio

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 12, 2018 12:36 PM in response to RaccoonJSquirrel

It sounds like the battery needs to be replaced, but we can't diagnose your issue remotely.

Read this support guide, and follow all the steps provided:

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't charge - Apple Support

If the issue still persists, have you iphone checked at your most convenient Apple Store or Authorized Service Provider:

Apple - Find Locations - Location Selector

Regards

Giulio

iPhone charging issues (iPhone 6s)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.