Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have made a short movie in Final Cut Pro X and transferred it to DVD. Although I have no chapters, a little book image appears on my DVD menu. Can I get rid of this?

I have made a 10 minute movie in Final Cut Pro X and burned it to DVD. I do not have chapters. I have a background picture with title overlay made in Photoshop as my Menu page. When I play the DVD on TV a small white cartoon of a book appears on the lower right side of the screen. Can I get rid of this?

Final Cut Pro X, iOS 10.3.3

Posted on Feb 27, 2018 3:24 PM

19 replies

Mar 3, 2018 12:03 PM in response to Alchroma

Thanks, Al. I guess the reason a screen shot of the full screen gets redacted is because it shows my first and last name? Thats the only personal information I can see. Anyway, below are 2 partial screen shots of the area where the problem is... couldn't fit them all in one.

I looked up "phantom marker" and got this advice: "Export project to XML. Open with Text Wrangler. Erase unwanted chapter marker. Open corrected XML in FCP X. Shall try this?

Kay

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Feb 27, 2018 8:02 PM in response to TennisKaty

TennisKaty wrote:

When I play the DVD on TV a small white cartoon of a book appears on the lower right side of the screen. Can I get rid of this?

Yes. Make sure there in no Chapter markers anywhere in the timeline.

The little book icon should only be there if you have told FCP X>Share>DVD to add the Markers.

Unless your issue is something different??

Post a screen shot if you can.

Al

Feb 28, 2018 12:25 PM in response to Alchroma

Thank you Al. As you may guess, I am very new to FCP X. I did not add any markers on purpose. I do have some compound clips and some tags. Can either tags or screenshots create markers that I didn't place deliberately? I don't see anything that looks like markers on the time line. Tried to do a screen shot of the DVD open page but it just came out a grey fog. Here are two menu shots.

Kay

<Image Edited by Host to Remove Personal Information>

Mar 1, 2018 5:34 PM in response to TennisKaty

The top play button with a timecode value is a Chapter Marker (or at least some sort of "Phantom" marker), sounds like it's set to start a 5 minutes in or possible 5 seconds.

Why it's invisible is a mystery to me.

Go to the timeline, zoom in to both these areas and determine if there is anything out of the ordinary.

Can't be more specific than that. Post a screen shot if anything comes to light.

Have you trashed the FCP X preferences?

Hold Option-Command as you launch FCP X to do this.

Al

Mar 2, 2018 1:28 PM in response to Alchroma

The timeline at 5 minutes in does show something strange. There is a clip with a storyline embedded in it, although the clip seems to run smoothly when playing back the timeline. (Screenshot below).

I tried to lift this clip and replace it with the original clip out of the browser, but the storyline insert did not go away. I am a little timid about trashing FCP X preferences, but can try that you think it will help.

Kay

<Image Edited by Host to Remove Personal Information>

Mar 2, 2018 6:32 PM in response to TennisKaty

"Will try to attach screen shots but they keep getting redacted."

The Hosts removed some private info in your screen shot/s.

User Command-Shift-4 then drag and area required, a PNG file will appear on your desktop.

Drag this file into your post or click the camera icon.

It would be helpful to have a close up of that particular 5 minute in section where the weird marker is.

Al

I have made a short movie in Final Cut Pro X and transferred it to DVD. Although I have no chapters, a little book image appears on my DVD menu. Can I get rid of this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.