Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone keeps showing me being in KC when I’m in STL. Why?

When I use safari from my iPhone and go to different websites (I have location sharing on) it always has me in Kansas City MO as a default. Safari is not the only time I’ve seen this either on the 2 step verification it has shown my location as being in KC too. I live in St. Louis MO.

Also it’s not the IP Address because it does this at my house (using cable internet) and even when I use cellular data in different areas of St. Louis.

Why does multiple things show me in KC? It would be one thing if it only happened while I used WiFi but it happens no matter what I’m connected to. I feel like somehow someone mirrored my phone a long time ago and even after getting new phones they still have me linked somehow. I say that because I remember a long time ago (3 iPhones ago) I double clicked the home button and the scrolls were reversed, aka mirrored. That is why I think worst case.

Also have a very crazy ex boss who lives in KC.

Posted on Feb 28, 2018 12:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 28, 2018 2:01 AM

I can explain the 2 step verification thing. It depends on where your provider's Internet Traffic is being routed to. I'm at work, so I log onto here and it asks me to check my phone. My phone tells me someone (me) is accessing my Apple Account from a computer near Toronto, Ontario. Since it's me that has requested it, I hit okay, enter in the 6 digit number and then I can see what's new.

However at home it's a different story. When I log onto the Communities, I go through the usual steps. However I get a pop-up message on my phone saying that my account is being accessed by a computer near London, Ontario, 110 miles to the west. Since I made this request, I hit ok and it gives me my 6 digit number to complete the process. Same deal as above.

Due to this, and where the Internet Traffic is being routed, I see this as no cause for concern. No one mirrored your phone, and the Hosts actually remove anything remotely saying that iPhones are being mirrored or that people are being spied on. Or anything even coming close to that. But it depends on when the Hosts actually come through here to weed out posts like that.

And for my Xbox Live, I like the fact that my traffic is being routed through London, Ont. Less congested, when I'm play GTA Online or The Elder Scrolls (Don't get me started on the Bretons). But I know it could end up in Dallas, TX for all I know. But like I said no cause for concern, especially the psychotic ex boss of yours.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 28, 2018 2:01 AM in response to MrDasho

I can explain the 2 step verification thing. It depends on where your provider's Internet Traffic is being routed to. I'm at work, so I log onto here and it asks me to check my phone. My phone tells me someone (me) is accessing my Apple Account from a computer near Toronto, Ontario. Since it's me that has requested it, I hit okay, enter in the 6 digit number and then I can see what's new.

However at home it's a different story. When I log onto the Communities, I go through the usual steps. However I get a pop-up message on my phone saying that my account is being accessed by a computer near London, Ontario, 110 miles to the west. Since I made this request, I hit ok and it gives me my 6 digit number to complete the process. Same deal as above.

Due to this, and where the Internet Traffic is being routed, I see this as no cause for concern. No one mirrored your phone, and the Hosts actually remove anything remotely saying that iPhones are being mirrored or that people are being spied on. Or anything even coming close to that. But it depends on when the Hosts actually come through here to weed out posts like that.

And for my Xbox Live, I like the fact that my traffic is being routed through London, Ont. Less congested, when I'm play GTA Online or The Elder Scrolls (Don't get me started on the Bretons). But I know it could end up in Dallas, TX for all I know. But like I said no cause for concern, especially the psychotic ex boss of yours.

My iPhone keeps showing me being in KC when I’m in STL. Why?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.