Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 7 plus music disappears

I had music on my iPhone and they all disappeared from the music app on my phone. I was listening to them in the morning & on my way home they were gone. i have reset my phone & used my iTunes back up to put the songs back, this worked, but the same thing happened again. i was hoping you could let me know how to correct this problem that keeps happening.

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 11.2.5

Posted on Feb 28, 2018 12:55 PM

5 replies

Mar 1, 2018 6:12 AM in response to neilfromsmithtown

Hey there, neilfromsmithtown.

It appears that, from time to time, the music you've downloaded to your iPhone 7 for playing while not connected to the internet keeps disappearing. I'm happy to help.

Turn on iCloud Music Library -- To use your Apple Music subscription, iCloud Music Library needs to be turned on. If iCloud Music Library has been turned off, it removes the content you've downloaded to your phone. Once they're removed from a device, they will need to be downloaded again for offline listening. If this issue happens again, go to Settings > Music and make sure "iCloud Music Library" is turned on.

Let me know how that goes.
Take care!

Mar 1, 2018 8:38 AM in response to neilfromsmithtown

Thank you for getting back to us with that information, neilfromsmithtown. That certainly does change our discussion.

About storage on your device and in iCloud -- Since you don't subscribe to Apple Music, the first thing to check is the amount of storage you have left on your iPhone. To see how much storage you have, tap Settings > General > iPhone Storage. If storage space is running low, you can free up space by following the recommendations presented. If you find that your iPhone has plenty of storage available, let me know.

Cheers!

iPhone 7 plus music disappears

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.