Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

homepod seems to lose radio and apple music connection

For a few days my new homepods have lost the ability to play radio or find playlists. The wifi is up. I’vesignes in and out, restarted, reset, etc but they don’t stay working long. They can get weather, tell time and read headlines. i pay for itunes match and apple music.

When I try to play a radio station , it can’t find it or it plays a few seconds and stops. Sometime it tells me I’m in the wrong country for that station. It often cannot find playlists. It rarely gets song or artist names correct. I’m a native English speaker so I don’t think it’s an accent issue. I’m ready to return these!

Are there others with similar issues??

Posted on Feb 28, 2018 7:44 PM

Similar questions

7 replies

Mar 2, 2018 6:48 AM in response to turingtest2

I had the exact same issues for last three days between the hours of 6:00AM to approx. 9:00AM EST. I thought it was an Apple Music/Siri service issue but Apple's System Status page was all green-lighted. Everything is normal today. No issues with Siri responding as expected. I never reset or reinstalled the HomePod or HomePod app.

It was very strange behavior and I'm speculating that Apple will fix some of these issues with AirPlay 2. Apple also needs to improve the "Hey Siri" command to differentiate device response. The other day, my iPad, iPhone and HomePod all responded with a "Hey Siri" HomePod request, a flattering acknowledgment of my "authority" but very confusing for the four of us. :-)

Mar 3, 2018 10:26 PM in response to jewel.disney

My HomePod is unfortunately having the Exact same problem. I have had to do several resets in the past 2 weeks. After each reset it starts to get connected again but then after a while just looses connection and can no longer pay the music you ask for. Siri says it is playing the requested music but it simply doesn’t. Very, very frustrating. Obviously a firmware problem somewhere.

homepod seems to lose radio and apple music connection

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.