Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

NEW iPad Pro no longer getting messages. I do get them on the iPhone.

I used to be able to get messages on both the iPhone and iPad. All are signed into the same iCloud account.

iMessage is on (green).

I can no longer get messages on the iPad.

On the iPad when I go to Messages the "Send & Receive" section used to show my phone number and all worked just fine.

Now the iPad shows my email address NOT my phone number. I do not get email on this iPad. I am unable to select anything to change this to my phone number and it is infuriating. How do I get the Send and Receive section to show my phone number?

Please help.

iPad Pro Wi-Fi, iOS 11.2.5

Posted on Feb 28, 2018 10:35 PM

3 replies

Mar 1, 2018 11:45 AM in response to sberman

Add or remove your phone number in messages?

I don't understand.

Which is it..add or remove?

I would like to add my phone number on the iPad but the field does not let me edit it.

It is obviously getting its information from somewhere else.

The Send and Receive field only shows my email address and it is dimmed so it won't let me edit it.

I do not currently have email on this iPad.

As I said my phone number does not show up on the iPad.

Please help me to get the phone number to show up in the send and receive section on the iPad.

Mar 1, 2018 1:17 PM in response to Lori 018

Lori 018 wrote:

Add or remove your phone number in messages?

I don't understand.

Which is it..add or remove?

It is "add". Follow the directions in the above article under "Turn your phone number on or off for your iPad or iPod Touch."

Be certain you have completed step 1. of that section. Then under step 3., it sounds like you need to follow the "If you don't see your phone number" area.

NEW iPad Pro no longer getting messages. I do get them on the iPhone.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.