Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Regaining access to an Apple ID

My niece has an iPad mini. Her Dad bought it for her in Dubai and she's used it for a few years now. At the time I don't think he realised the importance of the Apple ID, etc... (none of us did!!) and he created a Yahoo email account using his daughter's name (*****@ yahoo.com) because he needed something for the registration. We can't get into the Yahoo email account as it has only 1 recovery method, a mobile number which is now obsolete (we know the number but we can't receive a reset code at the number). I also have no idea what birthdate he put into the Apple ID because we've used Iqueshi's real birthdate and it's not working. We've also tried her Dad's birthdate, and several other alternatives, and none of them work.

To make matters worse, we thought we could just do a factory reset and start from scratch - we had no idea that Apple would basically brick the device if we did that. So at present we have a factory reset iPad which we can't activate, and trying to regain access to the Apple ID is not working because the email address is not accessible and the date of birth is not agreeing.

How does Iqueshi get in to her Apple ID in these circumstances?

(As you can tell from the email address associated with the Apple ID - it really does belong to Iqueshi Aureada, and she is Iqueshi Aureada, and she can provide proof of same.) Apple can also verify, if they want to, that we're accessing from the same network connection it's been used on for a couple of years, so it's not been stolen and taken somewhere else. So there are ways and means for Apple to verify it's her account.

We look forward to hearing how you can assist with this dilemma.

<Email Edited by Host>

Posted on Mar 1, 2018 6:49 AM

Similar questions

2 replies

Mar 1, 2018 6:56 AM in response to PhilipB4

Don't post email addresses, these are user public forums, not iTunes Support nor Apple.

Has she tried contacting yahoo to see if she can get access to the email account ? Or tried contacting Support to see if they can get her access to the iTunes account (they will only potentially be able to do that if they can confirm her id and that it's her account) ?

Or, and if you were the original purchaser of the iPad (i.e. it wasn’t bought used), you could try going to an Apple Store (make a Genius Bar appointment if you do) or try contacting iTunes Support online (https://www.apple.com/emea/support/itunes/contact.html) and see if they can remove the iPad from the account - they are likely to want to see proof of ownership before they might help e.g. original receipt with the serial number on it

Mar 1, 2018 10:19 AM in response to King_Penguin

We tried finding how to contact Apple support but went in endless circles back to database questions. Thanks for that link, we'll try that. It was bought new by her Dad (my brother-in-law) so we may need to try going to the Apple store and asking them for help - it may take us a while though, because the nearest Apple store is 5 hours drive away 🙂

Regaining access to an Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.