Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to deleate photos from my macbook pro after I have uploaded them all to icloud and how do I bring a photo back onto the computer if I wish to work on it?

How do I delete 15,000 photos from my MacBook Pro photos once I’ve uploaded all to the iCloud and then how do I get one back if I want to work on it?

Posted on Mar 1, 2018 10:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 16, 2018 11:35 AM

You are welcome. If you want to resume syncing to your computer, undo what I posted above. Is there a reason you want to stop syncing? If space is a problem, you can move the photo Library to an external drive if desired.

One option to free up space would be to move your Photos Library to an external hard drive. Then quit/reopen Photos with the option/alt key held down and make the external hard drive file the system Library. Once you are sure all your photos are there, you can delete the Library from the internal drive if desired. Once you do this, the external hard drive will need to be attached to access/sync your photos.

Article if for iPhoto, but the basics are the same.

iPhoto: Move your iPhoto library to a new location

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 16, 2018 11:35 AM in response to Jojolewes

You are welcome. If you want to resume syncing to your computer, undo what I posted above. Is there a reason you want to stop syncing? If space is a problem, you can move the photo Library to an external drive if desired.

One option to free up space would be to move your Photos Library to an external hard drive. Then quit/reopen Photos with the option/alt key held down and make the external hard drive file the system Library. Once you are sure all your photos are there, you can delete the Library from the internal drive if desired. Once you do this, the external hard drive will need to be attached to access/sync your photos.

Article if for iPhoto, but the basics are the same.

iPhoto: Move your iPhoto library to a new location

Mar 1, 2018 12:31 PM in response to Jojolewes

System Preferences/iCloud and uncheck Photos syncing. Photos/Preferences/iCloud and uncheck iCloud Library and My Photo Stream. Then Photos and select Photo album. Photos/Edit/Select All. Then Photos/Image/Delete X Photos.

To get a photo, go to iCloud.com/Photos using a computer browser, select the photo and click the downward pointing arrow.

how to deleate photos from my macbook pro after I have uploaded them all to icloud and how do I bring a photo back onto the computer if I wish to work on it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.