Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID phishing email?

I got an email today that said the following

------------------------------------

Thеrе was a problеm account information!

As part of our Sеcurity Agrееmеnt wе havе disablеd your AppIе ID.

Plеasе rеviеw all the pеrsonal and sеcurity information in your account. You can rе-active your account by following instructions.

Update Account Information

If we do not hеar from you within 48 hours, your iCloud will be suspеndеd and any savеd accounts and information will bе lost!

Wе apologisе for the inconvеniеncе and hopе to hеar from you soon.

Thanks,

-------------------------------------

I know it already sounds suspicious but I got worried and wanted to reply quickly, so I clicked on the link. It took me to a page that my internet provider blocked saying it's not safe, and then i realised it's probably a phishing email.

I logged into may Apple account, and for the first time, it asked me to answer security questions. I entered my answers but it kept saying they're wrong, so I reset them and logged in successfully.

Now my worry/questions are:

- Did I give anything away by clicking on that link even if it was blocked by BT?

- Changing my security questions/answers was just one step. No other verification was required. Is this normal?

Maybe I'm worrying about nothing but I'd appreciate some feedback.

Thanks!

null-OTHER

Posted on Mar 1, 2018 12:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 1, 2018 12:36 PM

Typically clicking on the link alone will not do much other than possibly telling the senders that your email is valid and got through to a live person which might result in an increase in spam. If you didn't enter anything else then you should be okay.

Here's Apple instructions for resetting security questions. If you did this you're okay:

If you forgot the answers to your Apple ID security questions - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 1, 2018 12:36 PM in response to Talloush

Typically clicking on the link alone will not do much other than possibly telling the senders that your email is valid and got through to a live person which might result in an increase in spam. If you didn't enter anything else then you should be okay.

Here's Apple instructions for resetting security questions. If you did this you're okay:

If you forgot the answers to your Apple ID security questions - Apple Support

Apple ID phishing email?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.