Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Siri group text not working

I posted the below 6 months ago. The issue was fixed without any intervention of my own a few days later. But this week, the issue has reappeared. Anyone experiencing the same? This is so annoying.

————————————

Until 2 days ago, I could tell Siri 'send a text message to joe and Michael' and it would initiate a group text message to both recipients.

Now, it only recognizes the first person that I list and initiates a single text message to that person. I've tried both 'joe and Michael' and 'Michael and joe' as well as other combinations of people in my contacts.

I'm using an iPhone 6S and it is updated. Anyone know what could've been changed to cause this?

—————————————-

Posted on Mar 1, 2018 5:05 PM

Similar questions

3 replies

Mar 2, 2018 1:18 PM in response to Skatchi

Hey there, Skatchi!

Thanks for stopping by the Apple Support Communities. If I understand your post, when asked, Siri isn't creating group messages when you ask to text two separate people. Instead, Siri will text just the first person mentioned. I would be happy to help!

First, I would recommend to force close the Messages app ( How to force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support ) and then restart your iPhone 6s ( Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support ).

If you're still having trouble with Siri after those two steps, make sure your iOS software is up to date ( Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support ) and then try the steps outlined here: Get help with Siri on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support .

Have a great day!

Siri group text not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.