Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Since iPhoneX ring tones not shown in iTunes

Hello everyone,

since I migrated to my new iPhoneX

* I can't see any ring tones in iTunes 12.7 anymore

* In the tones menu on my phone they are displayed

I also tried to switch on the manual management of music / videos and that only selected elements are synchronized, but no success - they aren't shown. I can't remove tones anymore.

Also in GarageBand they aren't shown if I create a new ring tone. (to remove them from there)

Does anyone know how to remove them under those circumstances?

iPhone X, iOS 11.2.6, 64GB

Posted on Mar 2, 2018 3:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 2, 2018 7:13 AM

Hello again,

I just called apple care and this seems to be a bug. They suggested to keep everything up to date also for following updates and it should be fixed.

Summarized description: If you don't see ring tones that are present on your iPhone in iTunes this is a bug and is going to be fixed, soon.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 2, 2018 7:13 AM in response to klopfdreh

Hello again,

I just called apple care and this seems to be a bug. They suggested to keep everything up to date also for following updates and it should be fixed.

Summarized description: If you don't see ring tones that are present on your iPhone in iTunes this is a bug and is going to be fixed, soon.

Mar 2, 2018 4:22 AM in response to klopfdreh

iTunes 12.7 doesn't sync ringtones anymore, but you still can manage ringtones on your iPhone.

• First open iTunes and connect your iPhone.
  • In the sidebar click on your iPhone.
  • Then scroll down and choose Tones to get a list of your ringtones.
  • Select the ringtone you want to delete, control click and choose from the context menu Delete from Library.

Since iPhoneX ring tones not shown in iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.