Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone Portrait mode mask is rotated in Photos app

My portrait mode shots taken on my iPhone X that came to the Photos app through iCloud Library/Photostream came in with the mask effect misaligned. You can see in other two modes, studio light and stage light, it seems that the effect mask is rotated 90º counterclockwise and stretched to fit the proportion. It does this to every Portrait mode photo I have taken. There is another post about this saying it was fixed, but appears to be back.

Mac OS 13.3 iOS 11.2.6

iPhone X, iOS 11.2.6, Mac OSX 13.3

Posted on Mar 2, 2018 7:52 AM

Similar questions

7 replies

Mar 3, 2018 10:12 PM in response to bheitman

Nobody gets points for commenting, only by other users marking comments as being helpful or as solving their problems. You gave him some points by clicking "Solved."

As far as I know, there is no way to undo marking a problem "Solved," either to retract the points or to keep the problem in play.

I haven't seen the issue you reported, but I know others have also reported it. As you noted, some have reported getting relief from new releases; others haven't seen that relief.

Mar 4, 2018 6:37 AM in response to markwmsn

As you noted, some have reported getting relief from new releases; others haven't seen that relief.

The masks on my Portrait mode photos are still off, even after updating to macOS 10.13.3.

@ bheitman: I am only having the rotated mask problem for the portrait mode photos I have taken with the iPhone in landscape mode. The mask is fine for portraits taken with a portrait aspect ratio, but with the iPone held in landscape orientation the contours of the Portrait mode photos are horribly fuzzy.

Do also see the ill-fitting masks only for photos in landscape orientation?

iPhone Portrait mode mask is rotated in Photos app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.