Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Misleading/hurtful Post on forum: (Should be deleted/reported or blocked) possibly?

Misleading/hurtful Post on forum: (Should be deleted/reported or blocked) possibly?

I did this suggestion (as shown below in the linked post) & it set Keychain Access and Safari Browser in to continual "Not Responding". Safari & Keychain Access wouldn't respond. I called apple support & they helped me fix the problem. Keychain access doesn't need to be locked for it's only unlocked when I am "on" my computer & only I have access to it.

I think the safe suggestion for anyone who wants to lock it should set it to "5 minutes of inactivity", never 0. Although setting that up will cause your Mac to ask you for the password to Keychain access every 5 minutes.

The link to the post is: Re: Keychain Access Won't Stay Locked

AnonyMouse

Q:Keychain Access Won't Stay Locked

I want Keychain Access to remain locked unless I manually unlock it.
Currently, whenever I reboot or log in, Keychain Access is unlocked even if I had previously locked it.
In Keychain Access preferences/First Aid, I've got all the settings unchecked yet KA won't stay locked.
What do I need to do to have KA stay locked?

AnonyMouseApr 21, 2007 6:29 AM in response to AnonyMouse

Apr 21, 2007 6:29 AM Re: Keychain Access Won't Stay Lockedin response to AnonyMouse

Ok, I discovered the method; in Keychain Access/Edit/Change Settings for Keychain "login", I need to have "login" Keychain Settings set to lock after "0" minutes of inactivity.

iMac (27-inch, Late 2012), null

Posted on Mar 2, 2018 7:37 AM

Similar questions

7 replies

Mar 2, 2018 7:50 AM in response to jennib01

According to the Apple Support Communities disclaimer, you understand that:

This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple may provide or recommend responses as a possible solution based on the information provided; every potential issue may involve several factors not detailed in the conversations captured in an electronic forum and Apple can therefore provide no guarantee as to the efficacy of any proposed solutions on the community forums.

In other words, just because a solution doesn't work for you doesn't mean that Apple will take it off. Furthermore, the Terms of Use Agreement states:

Apple does not prescreen information submitted by users of the Site ("Submissions"). Apple retains the right, but not the responsibility, to edit or remove any Submission, including those deemed by Apple to violate the Agreement. Apple will make good faith efforts to investigate allegations that Submissions violate the Agreement but (a) makes no warranty to you that it will edit, remove, or continue to permit the display of any specific Submission, whether or not subject to such allegations, and (b) will have no liability whatsoever for editing, removing, or continuing to permit the display of any Submission whatsoever.

So Apple doesn't need to remove the post and probably won't.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.