Question: Apple Watch Series 3 Randomly Restarting
Much like what has been described in this Reddit thread (https://www.reddit.com/r/AppleWatch/comments/7i7clk/apple_watch_series_2_sport_k eeps_restarting_after/?sort=new) I have an Apple Watch Series 3 watch that has been randomly restarting since about Watch OS 4.2 came out. It can happen a couple times a day to every 2-3 minutes. I've already tried the following steps:
1) Restart my Apple Watch and iPhone X
2) Unpair my watch and restore from back up.
3) Unpair my watch and restore from 4.0 backup.
4) Unpair my watch and set up as new watch
5) Unpair my watch, set it up as a new watch, and restore my iPhone X from a back up.
6) Unpair my watch, set it up as a new watch, install logging software from Apple support to provide logs and then email the logs of when my watch is crashing
7) Unpair my watch, set it up as a new watch, and do a clean update of my iPhone X from the latest iOS update through iTunes.
8) Unpair my watch and pair it to my wife's iPhone 8.
9) Send in my Watch to Apple Repair to get the hardware checked out.
Of all the troubleshooting steps, only #8 has keep my watch running without rebooting. I have the same issue with my original Apple Watch running the latest software, so I doubt it's a hardware issue. Apple's proposed solution is too drastic for me right now, which is to nuke my iPhone X and set it up as a new phone. Mostly I'm curious if anyone else has suffered the same or similar issue and discovered another solution?