Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Double charge on iTunes gift card and credit card

My daughter spent over $200 on iTunes gift cards. Each gift card had a valid dollar amount, she used it to purchase something, then the gift card balance showed $0.

When I got my credit card statement, all the charges showed up there as well! I am being charged double.

I have called the credit card company to stop payment on all these charges. Has this happened to anyone else?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Mar 2, 2018 10:10 AM

4 replies

Mar 2, 2018 10:17 AM in response to runmama2ja

What shows on the iTunes account's purchase history on your computer's iTunes (See your purchase history in the App Store or iTunes Store - Apple Support) and/or the emailed receipts, they show how an item is paid for. If the purchases show twice on the purchase history (e.g. they aren't just : About payment card authorisation holds in the iTunes Store - Apple Support) you should have contacted iTunes Support, by going straight to the card issuer you may have got the iTunes account blocked (possibly permanently)

Double charge on iTunes gift card and credit card

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.