Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"New From Your Artists" -please reinstate.

One of the best features of iTunes was "New From Your Artists" which gave owners of large libraries fast track alerts to new releases from artists they follow. I understand that streaming is the option of choice currently. Perhaps no one pays for downloads anymore. But I DO. I feel its one of the best ways to support the artists I enjoy. And by purchasing their albums I automatically created a database that Apple could access to make me aware of new releases. When you own thousands of songs, it doesn't make sense to manually compile a list of favorites for purchase or even ANY streaming service. I used to check iTunes Store DAILY for updates on new releases for artists I like. I can't even REMEMBER all the artists in my collection. The updates would often remind me of obscure bands that I had forgotten about. I have not found a replacement for this indispensable feature. I often stream new music, and troll for artists I haven't yet discovered. But the content in my library is the key to my musical tastes. Why would Apple not want to tap into that? I have read similar statements from other iTunes users. It is an AUTOMATED feature that will generate SALES. Even if everyone switches entirely to streaming, it still makes sense to offer updates on existing libraries. And many like myself benefit from purchased downloads so we can enjoy our libraries on the road where there is often no internet access.

Apple, please restart the "New From Your Artists" feature!

Mac Pro, macOS Sierra (10.12.2), 3.5GHz 6-Core Xeon E5 16GB DDR3

Posted on Mar 2, 2018 1:56 PM

Similar questions

There are no replies.

"New From Your Artists" -please reinstate.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.