Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can Apple unlock Apple watches?

I recently bought this Apple Watch series 2 from an individual and it has an activation lock on it. I’m not sure if the individual sold it to me because it’s has an activation lock, but I was wondering if Apple could unlock it if I was to come to an Apple location?

Posted on Mar 2, 2018 7:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 2, 2018 7:52 PM

Activation Lock Problem

If you purchased the device second-hand, then it is useless without the Apple ID and password to which it is locked. If you don't have it, can't remember it or cannot get it, then the device is useless to you. Try to get your money refunded, if you can, or take it to an Apple store for an exchange provided they will help you. If you are the original owner then take the device, a copy of your purchase receipt and identity proof to an Apple retailer where they may be able to assist you.

Find My iPhone Activation Lock

If you can't activate your iPhone - Apple Support

If you have an Apple Watch please see; About Activation Lock on your Apple Watch - Apple Support.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 2, 2018 7:52 PM in response to anhamilton97

Activation Lock Problem

If you purchased the device second-hand, then it is useless without the Apple ID and password to which it is locked. If you don't have it, can't remember it or cannot get it, then the device is useless to you. Try to get your money refunded, if you can, or take it to an Apple store for an exchange provided they will help you. If you are the original owner then take the device, a copy of your purchase receipt and identity proof to an Apple retailer where they may be able to assist you.

Find My iPhone Activation Lock

If you can't activate your iPhone - Apple Support

If you have an Apple Watch please see; About Activation Lock on your Apple Watch - Apple Support.

Can Apple unlock Apple watches?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.