Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes can't verify server identity: error message

A few days ago this message started popping up every time I opened iTunes, and then periodically while I'm in it, even if I'm just listening to my own music and not browsing the store:

iTunes can’t verify the identity of the server “p26-buy.itunes.apple.com”.

I was able to find a Keychain-related post via Google, but creating a new keychain from the old ones didn't help.

Has anyone else encountered this and fixed it? Repair permissions didn't do anything either, and in El Capitan "repair keychain" is no longer an option.

Kirby

Mac Pro, OS X El Capitan (10.11.6), 64GB RAM, 2012 12-core Mac Pro

Posted on Mar 3, 2018 8:59 AM

3 replies

Mar 6, 2018 2:52 PM in response to EastcoasterWestcoaster

Hello EastcoasterWestcoaster,

Thanks for asking the Apple Support Communities for help with the iTunes error you are receiving "iTunes can’t verify the identity of the server “p26-buy.itunes.apple.com”". I am happy to check this out with you.

You mentioned that this can be related to Keychain, and I found the same info. As long as your date and time is set correctly, then I recommend trying the steps provided in this help article: If your Mac keeps asking for the login keychain password

Thanks and have a wonderful day.

Mar 6, 2018 4:21 PM in response to Joseph_S.

Hi there and thanks for trying.

It doesn't keep asking me for a keychain login... it keeps popping up that error message "iTunes can’t verify the identity of the server “p26-buy.itunes.apple.com” whenever I open up iTunes and then periodically when I'm in the iTunes store. Changing the password and re-verifying keychains unfortunately had no effect.

Kirby

Mar 16, 2018 9:24 AM in response to EastcoasterWestcoaster

Update: I continue to get this error message, and it pops up occasionally when iTunes is open on the Store window (not when it's open to just my library). The problem: I can't purchase from iTunes now, and I also can't purchase OR update existing apps through the App Store. Anyone else run into this, and found a solution?

Kirby

iTunes can't verify server identity: error message

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.