Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macbook pro. Mid 2012 battery

Hello.

My battery reached 337 out of 1000 cycles, and could hold for max 1.5 hours of work. (Coding). That is really bad. Just got a new one, and it's not cheap.

Posted on Mar 3, 2018 10:48 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Mar 3, 2018 11:09 PM in response to kencix

kencix wrote:

This may be part of their plan, just like with slowing down iphones. Money machine.

I've worked with other laptops (not mac)..with really good battery time and life. Of course. Died after warranty :-)

Mine is doing just fine - a mid-2012. For the most part I don't really think it's much of a money maker for Apple. If it were they would just sell them loose and allow the customer to install it since it's actually pretty simple. However, they only allow it as part of a service, and will require a diagnostic. They don't seem to actually want to do this service more often than needed. If it were part of some money-making operation they would simply be

Of course my battery started at about 94% battery health when I got it. I think it was because it was in a box for about 8 months before I bought it. Right now it's at about 86% with less than 100 cycles. It's plugged in most of the time.

macbook pro. Mid 2012 battery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.