Announcement: Upgrade to macOS Mojave

With features like Dark Mode, Stacks, and four new built-in apps, macOS Mojave helps you get more out of every click. 
Find out how to upgrade to macOS Mojave > https://support.apple.com/macos/mojave

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Writing literally goes over other writing.

Hi,

Firstly, I am not talking about overtype.

When I try to type more than one letter or number on software I am trying to use called MathType the letters or numbers do not get spaced apart. They are written exactly in the same spot going directly over the previous letter or number. Note - I am not talking about a fraction.

I have reinstalled the software numerous times, deleted font files as directed by the software developer and followed all other instructions. Nothing works.

The software works fine on a friends Mac.

Posted on

Mar 4, 2018 7:58 AM in response to cdhamilton1991 In response to cdhamilton1991

Can you tell the Community know what Apple device you are using and its operating system version?

This forum area is for reporting problems with using the forum software and does not get as many views as forums for specific operating systems and hardware. Knowing your OS or device, we can ask the Hosts to move you to a more active forum.

Mar 4, 2018 7:58 AM

Reply Helpful

Mar 4, 2018 11:01 AM in response to cdhamilton1991 In response to cdhamilton1991

With which specific, numeric version application are you attempting to enter MathType 6.7h equations? Is this application the same, or different application and version than what is in use on your friend's Mac?

Mar 4, 2018 11:01 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: cdhamilton1991

Question: Writing literally goes over other writing.