Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleted iMessages

Hey my iPhone 6s Plus has been acting a little strange lately and last night it deleted all my messages but one. Every conversation with different contacts were gone and the conversation I was having at the time had one single message left in it. All the photos and files we had sent to each other were gone also. I looked on my storage and my messages are still taking up 1.4 Gigabytes so I know they still have to be on my phone somewhere. I checked on my Mac and I still have all the messages and the photos that had been sent. I only have ios 10.2.1 (due to lack of storage) so that could've been the problem.

My question is, is there a way to recover these messages back onto my phone or a way to transfer the messages from my Mac to my phone?

Posted on Mar 4, 2018 7:08 AM

1 reply

Mar 5, 2018 2:17 PM in response to ConnerR400

Hello ConnerR400,

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities. I will be happy to help you with your question about restoring your messages.

iMessages and SMS messages are sent from your provider, then removed off their servers. This is different than emails, as most email accounts these days are set up as IMAP accounts, which means the email is stored in the Email Service Provider server, and also downloaded to your devices. You have the option to restore your text messages by fully restoring your iPhone from a iCloud or iTunes backup. This article will help: Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup .

Please be aware that any data added to the phone will be replaced by the data saved in the backup. You may wish to make a backup prior restoring. For example, if you are planning on restoring your device from your iCloud backup, to ensure the current data on your device is saved, make a separate iTunes backup, or vice versa. This help article has both backup options: How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Thanks and have a great evening.

Deleted iMessages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.