Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why do I have a ton of missing file (exclamation point) icons in iTunes, when the songs aren't actually missing?

I noticed lots of songs in my desktop iTunes and Apple Music weren't displaying in the iOS Remote App. I realized each song that Remote isn't showing also has the exclamation point icon next to the song track number. But these songs aren't really missing. When I click the song in iTunes for Mac, the song plays just fine and the exclamation point goes away. I guess I could do this for the thousands of songs that have this issue. But I'd rather click a "Find All Missing Songs" or "Reconnect Library" option, or something like that. Help?

iMac (27-inch, Late 2012), OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Mar 4, 2018 8:26 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Mar 4, 2018 9:35 AM in response to brad5am

I have never ever seen the Remote app on anything so I am unfamiliar with those aspects, but seeing that false broken link behavior is typical of a situation where the iTunes library is kept on one drive and media on another and you start iTunes before the external drive is fully mounted. Are you using a NAS (if you are then when posting questions here it would help to state that at the start).

Why do I have a ton of missing file (exclamation point) icons in iTunes, when the songs aren't actually missing?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.