Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bad experience with warranty

In July 2017 I bought my 2017 MacBook Pro after carefully reviewing products for my career as a computational scientist. Nevertheless, since December, I have being going back and forth with tech support. Inhave tried all remedies, left my unit in the authorized tech support in Puerto Rico a now total of three times and still not having it back. It is a hands-tied situation for my professional development and a total unconsidered move of Apple in an already difficult environment that we Puerto Ricans faced.

I requested an unit replacement, but Apple Support told me it had to be taken a third time to the shop. At this moment, the computer is there and I am totally unsatisfied with the care and customer support the Apple company has provided. It is a unacceptable customer service.

Problem of unit: Suddenly, the computer shut off. To turn it on I had to keep the power button pressed until the Apple logo came on screen And count two seconds. It was completely slow even after login in. The CPU was in 100% usage even with no processes. The fan was full speed.

I tried every single one of the recomendations: reseting the CMS, PRAM, erasing cache, cookies, unsused apps, etc. NOTHING helped. i tried reinstall the OS but the computer didn’t let me. the second time I left the unit in tech support they changed the Logic Board. Three hours later the problem came back. And now it‘s there again because Apple said it had to go through diagnostics a third time before considering a replacement.

I am so tired of this awful service.

Anyone that can bring me some counseling or support?

Posted on Mar 4, 2018 12:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 4, 2018 1:14 PM

Well, I understand your pain. Maybe you can chat with an Apple Support representative to see if there is anything you can do about the problem: Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

That also might NOT help, but that's what I have to offer. 🙂

Similar questions

3 replies

Mar 4, 2018 2:16 PM in response to Siulfromhumacao

Unfortunately, we are all other users here just like you, so there isn't anything we can do to help. And yes, having to have something repaired three times before they'd consider a replacement is actually the norm. I had to do this when I bought a car a few years back. It was in the shop more than at home for 3 months when I was able to start the lemon law process and file a claim. Add another 4 months and the car was actually replaced - in between a lot of frustration and more repair attempts, but the company acknowledged it and I got a new (well functioning) car.

Bad experience with warranty

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.