Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Oversensitive apple pen

Apple Pencil Overly Sensitive, Writes before It Touches the Screen.

First of all, I want to say that I love the Apple Pencil. I have used every iteration of the Wacom EMR/AES and NTrig stylus on Windows from the last 10 years, and I can say with absolute confidence that the Apple Pencil is the most responsive and most expressive stylus out there, hard to believe Apple gets most things right with its first-gen stylus, except that.... the Apple Pencil can be overly sensitive.

I notice this issue on my own Apple Pencil and all the demo ones I tried in the Apple stores. The digitizer or pencil is too sensitive to the point that it starts writing before touching the screen, it writes when it hovers over the screen at about 0.3-0.5mm. This issue causes the little trail mark at the end of each pen stroke (see the circled parts in the attached screenshot). This can be very annoying when you take notes or do sketch shading.

I hope Apple can give users the option to adjust the pen sensitivity, or simply tune up the "initial activation force" (nerdy tech term that every digital pen artist should befamiliar with), so the pencil only writes when user applies a tiny amount of pressure, which happens to be the normal behavior of the good old real pencil. :-)

iPad Pro Wi-Fi, iOS 11.2.6, Apple Pencil Oversensitive

Posted on Mar 4, 2018 2:43 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

Mar 4, 2018 4:21 PM in response to amandafrommahwah

You are not addressing any cognizant Apple employees or product teams here.

These are user to user technical support communities supplied by Apple.

Other than Apple Support Community moderators and behind the scenes staffers of these support communitities, we are all just product users here, just like you!

FYI,

A lot of the third party, Apple Pencil compatible, drawing apps have pressure sensitivity curve adjustments panel or some other form of stylus sensitivity controls to use with the Apple Pencil/third party stylii.

Good Luck to You!

Oversensitive apple pen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.