Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail app keeps trying to connect even though set to work offline

I have wireless internet access via my work but my employer (in their wisdom) had blocked access to the mail ports. I can browse the internet OK but can neither send nor receive emails. This doesn't bother me but I do sometimes like to work offline on emails which I will send later.

User uploaded file

Using the Mail.app, I set the Mailbox > Online status for all my accounts to 'Work offline'. Despite this, I am plagued with pop-up dialogues saying 'The operation couldn’t be completed. Connection refused'. These are tedious and annoying and, since I specifically want to work offline, I don't know why a connection is being requested.

Is there anything I can do to stop this behaviour? [Yes, I could use the web interface - which is not blocked, but I much prefer the mail.app].

Posted on Mar 5, 2018 7:51 AM

Similar questions

There are no replies.

Mail app keeps trying to connect even though set to work offline

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.