Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes freezes any time I add anything.

I'm running OS X 10.9.5 and iTunes 12.6.6.20 and have the latest "Updates" from the App Store. iTunes opens and functions flawlessly until I add music to it. Then it freezes. I cannot scroll through anything in the left column AT ALL! To quit, I have to go to the iTunes in the Dock and right-click: QUIT.

When I relaunch, it's fine again until I add anything.

Tired of this!

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Mar 5, 2018 10:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 5, 2018 2:17 PM

Try setting up another admin user account to see if the same problem continues. Also try the Safe Mode.

Safe Mode - About El Capitan
also Sierra

Safe Mode Startup – El Capitan. also Sierra

If it works in the Safe Mode, try running this program when booted normally and then copy and paste the output in a reply. The program was created by Etresoft, a frequent contributor. Please use copy and paste as screen shots can be hard to read. Click “Share Report” button in the toolbar, select “Copy to Clipboard” and then paste into a reply. This will show what is running on your computer. No personal information is shown.

Etrecheck – System Information

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 5, 2018 2:17 PM in response to joefromdoniphan

Try setting up another admin user account to see if the same problem continues. Also try the Safe Mode.

Safe Mode - About El Capitan
also Sierra

Safe Mode Startup – El Capitan. also Sierra

If it works in the Safe Mode, try running this program when booted normally and then copy and paste the output in a reply. The program was created by Etresoft, a frequent contributor. Please use copy and paste as screen shots can be hard to read. Click “Share Report” button in the toolbar, select “Copy to Clipboard” and then paste into a reply. This will show what is running on your computer. No personal information is shown.

Etrecheck – System Information

itunes freezes any time I add anything.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.