Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Itunes freezes every time I open it since last Apple system update

Since the last system update several weeks back, iTunes freezes every time I open it. Any ideas? I am running High Sierra on a MacBook Pro.

Multiple Macs, Mac OS X (10.6.6)

Posted on May 22, 2018 1:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 22, 2018 1:43 PM

Hi,

A Safe Mode boot deletes system caches that can help after an update.

To start up in safe mode:

1. Start or restart your Mac, then immediately press and hold the Shift key. The Apple logo appears on your display. If you don't see the Apple logo, learn what to do.
  2. Release the Shift key when you see the login window. If your startup disk is encrypted with FileVault, you might be asked to log in twice: once to unlock the startup disk, and again to log in to the Finder.

To leave safe mode, restart your Mac without pressing any keys during startup.

Then try iTunes.

Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 22, 2018 1:43 PM in response to Lefftie

Hi,

A Safe Mode boot deletes system caches that can help after an update.

To start up in safe mode:

1. Start or restart your Mac, then immediately press and hold the Shift key. The Apple logo appears on your display. If you don't see the Apple logo, learn what to do.
  2. Release the Shift key when you see the login window. If your startup disk is encrypted with FileVault, you might be asked to log in twice: once to unlock the startup disk, and again to log in to the Finder.

To leave safe mode, restart your Mac without pressing any keys during startup.

Then try iTunes.

Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac - Apple Support

Itunes freezes every time I open it since last Apple system update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.