Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

windows 10 wifi

Two brandnew iMac 27" with Windows 10 x64 via Bootcamp. Wifi is terrible and a continues ping shows time-out when using browser (IE and chrome). Browsing via ethernet is ok in Win10. When booting in iOS internet performs well via Wifi and Ethernet. Problem is probably in wifi-drivers, but none of all suggetions found on the www results in a solution.

Apple or MS please provide a solution.

ML

iMac with Retina 5K display, Windows 10, via Bootcamp

Posted on Mar 5, 2018 2:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 6, 2018 5:19 AM

I used older drivers from 2016 from Broadcom v7.35.317.3 and connection is currently ok !!

The .73 drivers were auto-installed from ISO of from Bootcamp final setup. I am not able to revert to previous driver in the NIC so that would suggest there was no update. But you never know what happens.

Thansk for your suggestions Loner T.

Apple Support could not provide solution and forwarded the issue to MS.

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 6, 2018 5:19 AM in response to Loner T

I used older drivers from 2016 from Broadcom v7.35.317.3 and connection is currently ok !!

The .73 drivers were auto-installed from ISO of from Bootcamp final setup. I am not able to revert to previous driver in the NIC so that would suggest there was no update. But you never know what happens.

Thansk for your suggestions Loner T.

Apple Support could not provide solution and forwarded the issue to MS.

Mar 6, 2018 4:43 AM in response to martijnlanfermeijer

martijnlanfermeijer wrote:

Current version (windows10) is Broadcom 802.11ac Network Adapter 7.35.118.73

If you have a 2017 Mac, it may not support the installation of .68. Did you get .73 from the Bootcamp drivers package?

martijnlanfermeijer wrote:

Also Apple Magic Mouse is not connected. Sometimes after 10 minutes, sometimes after 10 times on/off. Really not stable.

Check

• BT/WiFi collaboration is enabled or Auto
  • Power Management disallows turning the device off for saving power

What type of wireless network are you running into issues with with - 802.11n 2.4g, 802.11n 5g or 802.11ac? Also check width of the channel (20mHz/40mHz). Do you have the same issue every where or only at specific locations?

windows 10 wifi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.