Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone apps bypassing Do Not Disturb

Hi Guys.

OK before I get into this I know the Do Not Disturb feature on the iPhone currently only allows phone calls from specified people to bypass the do not disturb feature of the phone I have been using this since it was originally introduced.

I use it because believe it or not I have had clients who have tried to call me at 3am & also as my business uses markets from around the world I receive e mails & messages at all times during the night so if I didn't use do not disturb myself & my wife wouldn't get any sleep with all the dings pings & notifications I get through the night so for this it works perfectly.

However I have 2 apps I would like to receive notifications from at all times of day & night as they are part of my home/business security systems the ring doorbell app & my Yale alarm security apps so I would very much like to be woken up by these apps as soon as they go off.

We have a front porch which leads up to our front door & the ring doorbell activates whenever anyone comes up onto it & sends me an alert we have had a couple of people or maybe the same person come up onto our porch during the night possibly scoping the place out each time their face has been covered but because I have do not disturb on I don't see the alert until the next morning if I were to get the alert with the ring doorbell I can speak through it to who is on the porch straight away.

Hopefully this clears up why I still want the do not disturb feature but also why being able to bypass do not disturb for certain apps would work for me too similar to being able to get certain calls to bypass this feature too.

What would you guys recommend do I contact apple & suggest this feature to the IOS development team if so how do I contact them or would you suggest this to the specific app developers themselves?

Thank you in advance guys

iMac, macOS High Sierra (10.13.3)

Posted on Mar 6, 2018 4:49 AM

9 replies

Mar 6, 2018 8:33 AM in response to kennyfromhockley

I appreciate that you are taking the time to give as much information as possible but to the best of my knowledge, there is no way of separating those two apps from the other notifications.You can send feedback to Apple here -Feedback - iPhone - Applebut they are not going to respond. I would like to see a feature that allows multiple scheduling times. Most lengthy posts are 3 paragraphs of complaining followed by an actual question.

Mar 6, 2018 7:23 AM in response to askbarnabas

Apologies I was following the how to ask a good question guidelines

"To help other members answer your question, give as many details as you can"

Basically I want my 2 security apps I use for home & business to bypass do not disturb so I get alerts any time of day

Do I contact apple developers or the app developers if I have to contact apple developers how do I do that please?

Mar 6, 2018 7:53 AM in response to kennyfromhockley

I use it because believe it or not I have had clients who have tried to call me at 3am & also as my business uses markets from around the world I receive e mails & messages at all times during the night so if I didn't use do not disturb myself & my wife wouldn't get any sleep with all the dings pings & notifications I get through the night so for this it works perfectly.

However I have 2 apps I would like to receive notifications from at all times of day & night as they are part of my home/business security systems the ring doorbell app & my Yale alarm security apps so I would very much like to be woken up by these apps as soon as they go off.

Hopefully this clears up why I still want the do not disturb feature but also why being able to bypass do not disturb for certain apps would work for me too similar to being able to get certain calls to bypass this feature too.

What would you guys recommend do I contact apple & suggest this feature to the IOS development team if so how do I contact them or would you suggest this to the specific app developers themselves?

iPhone apps bypassing Do Not Disturb

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.